BLOG: Perk Up the Passion or Pay the Price
The Love Trifecta
It’s time to perk up the PASSION!
If you have a playful, peaceful passionate relationship, you’ve won the love lottery. That’s what we call the Love Trifecta! So we divide our year into those three areas to give each one its’ due focus.
The Season of PASSION is Jan 15th to April 14th, although it's always a great time to invest in intimacy. So let’s dive in and perk up the passion today.
Do you want to improve in the area of how to feel more comfortable, confident and fully expressed in the bedroom (and beyond!)? Or how about how to create a sense of openness, curiosity and adventure?
Beyond the Body
Let’s not forget here that passion isn’t just about physical intimacy...
Passion is a feeling of intense enthusiasm towards or compelling desire for someone or something. Passion can range from eager interest in or admiration for an idea, proposal, or cause; to enthusiastic enjoyment of an interest or activity; to strong attraction, excitement, or emotion towards a person. Wikipedia
Where does YOUR eager interest, enthusiastic enjoyment or strong admiration lie right now? How might YOU Love Better during the Season of PASSION?
If YOU had a goal about having more PASSION in your relationship, what might that be?
Join the For Better Love community of committed, creative, caring couples as we lean into love and create our best year yet for love and life. Sharing our hopes and hurdles shares our humanity, stimulates new ideas and solicits fun feedback.
Play a 90 Day Game
What would make the biggest difference in YOUR relationship in these next 90 days? Imagine, it’s three months from now. What will you have done, experienced, or created between now and then to create more passion in your relationship? In your life?
For most couples, if we don’t perk up the passion, it slowly peters out over time.
The cost of letting passion poop out is high. At first it’s subtle. It might even seem “fine”. But face it, “fine” is a slippery slope to f’d up. One day you wake up and it’s just gone between you or even IN you.
Don’t let that happen to you! Invest your intention, attention and action into pursuing PASSION now. Explore, have fun, get creative.
Here are some goals Raj and I created. Use them yourself or make up your own.
Our goals for this Season of Passion:
- Create and apply a Season of Passion screensaver with our purpose, vision and goals.
- Post a list of the For Better Love Passion Tools on the fridge as a visual reminder.
- Find and test out at least 12 new passion products to enjoy and then add to the couples cart.
- Take a shower together to start the day. Finish with eye contact, a kiss and say “Hot!”
- Do a passion check and score the six passion questions daily at dinner.
- Maintain a screens-free environment in the bedroom.
- Go to sleep at the same time and give each other a goodnight kiss and say “Hot!”
- Get away for a 3-5 day retreat together that includes planning, passion and play.
These are all Games Raj and I will play to Love Better this Season of Passion. How about you?
There are endless avenues for pursuing passion. It matters less what you do, than it does that you do SOMETHING. It’s not about loving perfectly. It’s about Loving Better.
Research has shown that it is not the actual state of your circumstances of your life that determine happiness as much as it is about if things are improving or letting worse. So don’t focus on the idea of living the perfectly passionate relationship and life where all your goals and desires are pursued and fulfilled. Just stop focusing on the problems and start aiming for awesome.
You don’t have to be perfect. Just aim for awesome and keep moving closer towards it step by step, day after day, year after year.
We’ve got 90 days set aside this season to engage in and explore passion. But don’t put more pressure on yourself. This is not about getting somewhere. It is about growing together. It isn’t about loving perfectly one day, it is about loving better now.
Ralph Waldo Emerson said “Life is a journey, not a destination.” Enjoy the PURSUIT of passion.
Pick Your Prompts to Pursue Passion
Take on the challenge. Print and post this passion game on your fridge. Or find another game to play to pursue passion. It isn’t about which game you’re playing, it’s that you’re playing at all.
Check out our top tips, tools and techniques for keeping the passion alive, vibrant and expressed. Or make up your own. Pursue passion and aim for awesome!
Let us know how it goes.
Explore the For Better Love PASSION TOOLS
Interested in pursuing passion? Check out our variety of options here, plus we're adding more all the time.
- Initiate inertia
- Drift into Default or Design for Delight
- Build Trust for Better Sex
- The Squeaky Wheel - Ask for What You Want!
- Booty Before Breki
- Yes Them!
- Give 'Em a Game to Play
- Stop. Shift. Start. / Don't Get Derailed
- The Three Nos of Naughty
- Romp Recap
1. Embrace the Season of PASSION in your own way. Pick 1-3 goals for perking up the passion in your relationship. Be sure you only make declarations for what YOU will do. Autonomy must be present for growth to be fun and thrive. Focus on what YOU cna do and let your actions inspire your beloved to join you.
2. Not sure what to do? Check out the other How to Keep the Sex Dirty blogs and find what works for you.
3. Inspired to really dive into some specific goals for perking up the passion a 90 Day Game with personalized coaching? Check out our coaching page and if you think we’re a fit, sign up for a consult call today.
Your Ally in Aiming for Awesome,
Plus be first for top tips, tools and techniques for